Friday, May 25, 2012

Working Hard or Hardly Working?

Thursday and Friday have taught me some valuable lessons not only for the office but in the real world as well. First and foremost, do not ever spend more than 10 hours putting together an Excel spreadsheet. All that will come from it is confusion and lots of wasted paper. Secondly, and probably most important: if you do not understand something, simply ask for help. The task yesterday was to compile all of the middle and high schools in Boca Raton, their addresses, principals and contact information, anyone in the music departments, and someone in the community relations department. Sounds easy, right? NOT!!! This took me and another intern Jennifer all day yesterday to begin and most of this afternoon. When I printed out the sheet to see what holes needed to be filled, it was just about as tall as me. I asked my boss what she thought I should do and she told me all I needed to do was ask for help! I suppose that all the fear about admitting I needed help was silly because as a team, we produced a stellar final product!

 I'm really proud of all the work I've done in the past two days and considering that it is 4:10pm on Friday of Memorial Day weekend, I'm pretty much mentally checked out. Another cool thing I did was publish press releases to many online wires. Lots of learning but I am more than excited for the weekend and my permenant 3-day-weekends to come!!

From this scary sheet.......


....To this compact and not so scary one!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I love your Blog Steph! I love the format of it...I know you are loving your internship. Can't wait to see you in August! :)

    ReplyDelete