Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Paradisus Palma Real

Last night we were treated royally to a feast at the Coco's beachside restaurant at Paradisus Caribe, a neighboring hotel in the same hotel family as ours. We first took a tour of the hotel at Paradisus Palma Real. The two hotels are on the same huge property. GORGEOUS! 

The hotel's lobby was open to see the stars with lots of water features. Rafael told us that during Christmas time, all of the trees are decorated with lights! Not much convincing needed to come back and see it for myself :)
This is the member's only beach that we would be able to use! I love the lighted beds right on the beach!












After the tour we sat down for our feast. We were given the best service because our waiter was a former employee of Rafael. He brought us bottled water and fresh tortilla chips before we even ordered. We first were served different ceviche options. The shrimp ceviche was delicious with cold peppers and onions. Mom had an octopus ceviche and despite my efforts to try new foods, I was still a little creeped out by octopus! Next we were brought the biggest portions of food I have ever seen in my life. I ordered a flank steak and mom a lobster. I was good here and even tried a piece of grilled onion. My close friends and sisters know, onions and I don't mix well. Although I had high hopes for a Dominican onion, I still haven't grown a liking for them. We enjoyed the evening eating and getting to know Rafael better! He's made sure our trip here has been perfect!

 Posing in front of the fountains in the courtyard at Palma Real!
 The lobster!
 My dinner! Flank steak rolled up with beautiful grilled vegetables and a grilled baked potato!
The view from our table: the beach!
Dinner was such a great time! It's a gorgeous day outside now so we're pool bound again! Tonight we are being treated to 80 minute massages, under the stars! 
Mom and me enjoying our dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment