Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

Today was a fun day in the office! I was able to continue with some work from yesterday for a huge event in February but of course, I don't have all the information yet. Hopefully soon! One thing that I learned today that was really enforced throughout all of my years of school is the importance of taking notes. I was asked to watch a video and take down important information and statistics to be put in a press release. The speed of note taking is key to making sure that all the facts are there and that the boss is kept happy!

Aside from work, I've been trying to keep busy down here in not so sunny Florida. At a marketing event I attended up in North Carolina, one piece of important information that I took away from a writing seminar was to write for yourself. I spend all day writing for my boss and our clients and if I don't write for myself, there's a chance my personal writing style could fade. Not only is this blog a cool way of documenting my internship but a way of sharing my life to my friends and family up in Connecticut and all over. For me personally, the transition to moving here has been a bit rocky. I love our house but I still don't know how to get around very well! It's a good thing that the plaza near our community has a grocery store, nail salon, bank, and Panera all in one, otherwise I'd be lost. The goal for the summer is to make friends down here! Hopefully it happens sooner than later :)




No comments:

Post a Comment